Pelvic health physical therapy utilizes a conservative and holistic treatment approach by addressing strength, behavior, diet, mobility, movement, breathing patterns, stress management, and balance as they apply to the conditions and symptoms below in order to achieve long-lasting, positive outcomes.
We provide in-person physical therapy and wellness visits at our office, as well as, virtual physical therapy for Texans, and online wellness sessions for anyone, anywhere!
Conditions and symptoms we successfully treat
- Pregnancy related pain or discomfort
- Diastasis Rectus Abdominis (abdominal separation)
- SI (sacroiliac) joint dysfunction or pain
- Hip, knee, shoulder, neck, or back pain
- Coccyx (tailbone) pain
- Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD)/Pubic bone pain
- Pelvic pain
- Vulvar, vaginal, genital pain
- Pain during and/or after intercourse
- Painful urination
- Pain with bowel movements
- Abdominal pain
- Scar tissue adhesions
- Pre/post surgical care
Bowel & Bladder Health
- Urinary incontinence (leaking pee)
- Bowel incontinence (leaking poop)
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Anal incontinence (leaking gas and/or poop)
- Vaginal flatulence (queefing)
- Frequent urination
- Waking at night to urinate (Nocturia)
- Bed wetting
- Urinary urgency
- Bowel urgency
- Bladder pain (Interstitial Cystitis, Painful Bladder Syndrome)
- Constipation (difficulty in stool evacuation; bowel movements less than 1 per day)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Postpartum Assessments (Mamassessments)
Did you know that in France, it is mandatory that new moms follow up with a pelvic health physical therapist, just like they do their OB/Midwife, to make sure that there are no impairments that need to be addressed and corrected? Every mom should have access to the expertise of a pelvic health PT to help navigate the countless changes your body endures during pregnancy and after delivering a baby. We would love to provide this service for you. We will listen to your concerns, answer your questions, and perform a comprehensive evaluation and examination, to determine whether or not there is a need for further physical therapy intervention.
- If you are pregnant and would like to be equipped with the tools you need to prepare for an efficient vaginal delivery, a wellness visit may be exactly what you need!
- Would you like to know all there is to know about a pelvic health topic? Online wellness sessions are designed specifically for this and are available to anyone, regardless of location.
I am currently accepting new virtual and in-person clients! Contact me with questions and/or to schedule an appointment!